Monday 16 April 2012

Charlie's birthday cake

For Charlie's cake, I did a marbled sponge with a chocolate ganache centre which was another first for me. The plaque in the centre, I drew free hand a couple of days in advance so it was a lot less fragile to handle and so I didn't have a repeat of the lion on the Chelsea cake where it snapped in several places, and I had to piece it back together on the cake. The roses are handmade and I have to say thanks to the woman who owns my local sugar craft shop because the shop was out of stock of purple food colouring so she gave me some from her private stock.
Another shot of the cake in Wetherspoons :)

Sadly, I'm back to 6th form this week so I won't be doing as many cakes but I'll try to update it fortnightly in between revision sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment